Thursday, February 27, 2014

I dream....I garden......I wake......snow! arggg

OK.  Tell me folks, are you all dreaming and planning your gardens like I am?  Are you figuring out what seeds need to be started inside and when?  Yeah me to.  I was going to start seeds next week, and start prepping my beds to plant my onions and potatoes.  Maybe beets and some greens.
Then the forecast came.  This weekend, the forecast is for a FOOT OF SNOW.  Now I dont know about you all, but man I am over this snow.
I want to start turning over dirt, smelling worms and warm earth. Turning the compost out to nourish my garden.
Joke.  The ground is frozen solid, we usually have 40 to 50 degree days here now, it is ten degrees today, with winds about 40 miles an hour, and dont forget "snow squalls!" that white out the road and make it so you cannot see!

So how about it, are you dreaming of dirt and seeds and of our coming garden season?

No comments:

Post a Comment