Monday, March 17, 2014

If the winter that never ends, ends, I will have so much more to share!



I cannot wait for the is winter to end!  I have not even started seeds in my house, but plan on it this week.  I cannot wait another minute, I need to seed! I need dirt, I need my garden gloves on.  So I will seed this week, even if I have no clue when our last frost may be this year, the year of the NEVER ENDING WINTER......
I will post a list of the plants I am planting this year, I will give you a list of types of seeds ect next week.
But for today, I will leave you with a tip I learned.  If you live in western PA or eastern OH you can plant your peas and potatoes when the forsythia blooms!
Forsythia is my very most favorite spring flower.  So bright, so promising of the beautiful sunny days that are ahead of us.  So this year, the forsythia blooming may signal more that one thing for you to look forward to.
Here is to the first signs of spring!
Do you have any old wives tails dealing with planting times in your area? I would love to share some!

No comments:

Post a Comment